We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

My brief foray into the working world

I just wanted to let you know that we're still alive and kicking... Things have been so busy! I did not end up getting the job that I wrote about, and have since had another lead on a job that looks promising. In the meantime, I've been doing a little decorating and catching up with friends and family.

I did have a quick two-day job filing at a doctor's office. They don't have a need for full time help, but I have a friend who works there and she knew of a temporary need that they had. So I worked today and will go back tomorrow. It's been kind of nice to be "out there" in the big world. And I must say, I have a new appreciation for what goes on behind the scenes in medical offices. I don't believe that I will ever complain again about sitting in a waiting room leafing through magazines, or waiting to be called back by a nurse. Because there's some little person in the back running up and down ladders or sitting in a corner on the floor trying to turn herself inside out to match a file with a name! And way more than that, I will envision the nurses at their stations with the mountain of file folders of prescriptions to call in and people to call back. Do you know how much paperwork doctors have to deal with? A LOT. There is a doctor who was not in the office today, and when he gets in tomorrow, he will be met with a mountain of folders on his desk that I personally hefted there! I'm just hoping that I can move without groaning when I get out of bed tomorrow morning.

3 Comments:

At 6:38 AM, Blogger LindaSue said...

Good to see you back again - our cardiologist's office is doing the new small computers instead of paper charts now -interesting what they can pull up without having to dig for it! Glad you are trying out different things - will make eventual job a good "fit".

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger sumi said...

I just popped in to say hello! I've missed reading your lovely posts. :-)

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Another Blog said...

Hi Sarah,

I'm sorry for not posting a comment sooner asking where you have been...

Agapé

 

Post a Comment

<< Home