We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Saturday, June 20, 2009

A day of rest...

Thanks for all of your prayers. Jared's service yesterday was just beautiful. His life was honored well. As we all know, now begins the truly hard part for the family. My heart breaks for the road they must travel...

One of the special things for me yesterday was the chance to meet several people who have been following this blog. I had never met Michelle's family before this, but they had known me through the blog. So getting to meet them was such a blessing to my heart. There are so many of you that I've never met, and getting to put a face and voice to the comments that are left brings me such joy! And then another sweet couple pulled me aside as I was walking by because they recognized me from the blog. The same thing happened at a church in Montana, and I have a new and good friend because of it! (Yes, Jewel, I'm talking about you.) It never ceases to amaze me what a small world this is - and how much smaller the internet makes it.

The only thing on the agenda for me today is to rest and do laundry. We have been running a hundred miles an hour since we arrived, so John is just now able to hook the laundry machines up. It's sick how big the pile of dirty clothes is... Somewhere along the line I started catching a cold, and I ended up loosing my voice. I've been croaking and squeaking for days and when the whole big group of family gets together, I've had to yell just to get enough sound out to be heard. This morning I woke up with only a whisper of a voice, and the feeling that this cold has decided to settle in my chest. Good times. Needless to say, rest is definitely a priority for the day!

As for my house... When we first got here, John, Stan, and our friend Roger unloaded the U-Haul into the house while I was at the hospital. I spent days running back and forth to the hospital with utter chaos in the house, but I wasn't worried about it because I figured it would get done eventually. On two different days, Belinda and her son, Neal, came over. While Neal played with Ethan, Belinda hit the house like a tornado! In the course of one evening and one afternoon, Belinda had my furniture moved into place, containers emptied, and things to be stored sent to the shed. I've never seen anyone get so much done in so little time! Everything that is left to do, is very manageable.

So that's the scoop for now... I'll be back in touch soon!

3 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger LindaSue said...

you are so blessed with friends and family - do get some rest - we are dealing with illness and appears rest is going to be the cure - if the Lord chose to rest one day a week - we probably could follow that example. Good to know the bloggity world is supporting you -

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Jen Johnson said...

Sarah~Thought you might like a glimpse into our Friday night. I had to be at the Fairgrounds for the Rodeo Pageant horsemanship so my parents took Cody and Bay to Relay for Life in Kalispell to walk with them. I had plans to meet back up with them after I was done and spend the night on the track with them. By the time I got there it was way after dark and all the luminaria bags were lit and glowing in the pitch black night. I was walking the track by myself looking at all the names on the bags. A couple laps later I saw a bag that said In Loving Memory of our friend Ellie. It had all sorts of other stuff written about Ellie on it. It is moments like that, that I realize the impact one girl had on my kids. It wasn't by my urging that they decorated that bag, it was the relationship she so carefully created.
Needless to say I came home and slept until 2 this afternoon! I still have not made it over to get the stuff from La but am hoping to do that on Tues that way I can get that library book back to the church! I hope you get to feeling better soon. Have a fabulous rest of your weekend!
Much loves~Jen

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah - I continue to be amazed at you, and the glory you bring to God. I'm amazed that your family (we bloggers) is probably in the many thousands. Ellie has brought the world together.
Don't worry about the laundry, etc. I find that it is always there :)
Gerry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home