We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Sorry for my lack of posting...

I know I've not been on here much lately... I've spent the last week running around and doing things... seeing people, going to church, shopping a little. All the things I wanted to do during those two weeks of sickness. My house is mostly together and I will be taking photos and posting them soon.

I have a lead on a job that I'm hoping will pan out. We are currently in the "phone tag" stage of the game. It is a receptionist position for a large lawn maintenance/landscaping company. It would be wonderful, as it is close to our house and is the type of work that I can do! The owner of the company called me Friday afternoon, but I was driving down the interstate at rush hour and it had started to rain. I asked if I could call him back when I arrived, but by the time I wasn't driving anymore, his office had closed and I had to leave a voice mail. See - phone tag. So now it is Monday and I'm hopeful that I will be getting a call. Of course he will call back when I'm driving again. I can feel it.

John had two teeth pulled last week, so he's spent the week in pain and eating soft food. He got the stitches out this morning, and we are hopeful that he will heal quickly and be able to eat solid food soon!

Ethan is spending the morning at the beach with Stan, Pat, Ginger, Russ, and Maddie. I'm sure he's going to have a great time, but he was rather freaked out before he left because he's sure that his toe will be bitten by a fish. (The last time he went to the beach, Ginger was holding him and felt a fish brush against her foot.) I'm hopeful that Ethan will return with all toes intact and will be raring to go the next time!

We were finally able to spend some good time over at Mom's house on Friday. I had only seen Mom, Gary, my grandparents, and Chad, Janeene and boys only once since getting to Florida because I got sick and was trying not to pass the bug along. So it was great to get the chance to spend some time playing and catching up!

Unfortunately, because of the timing of my sickness and my sister, Jenn, being out of town in between, I have not seen her family yet. I can't wait to see them all and love on my nieces again! I just know that Mady, Libby, and Emma have grown up while I was gone... I can't wait to make up for lost time!!

I hope to have some photos for you soon... house pics, nephews, nieces... YAY! :-)

2 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger LindaSue said...

Exciting about the job possibility - I'm waiting (hoping) to hear about one myself. Really happy you are settling in a bit more and trust Ethan came home with all his toes no barracuda removed them (or sun perch?!) Never fear - I'm blogging a ton less myself - too much life not enough creativity for me! DH still waiting to hear from cardiologist so we are in one of those "waiting on the Lord" phases -

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger LindaSue said...

Hello hello in there???? :::tapping on computer monitor::::: Sarah, Ethan - y'all OK?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home