We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

2 Years

I'm feeling a bit light on words today, so I thought I would go heavy on pictures.

Late last night, Ellie's great-grandma, Agnes, joined her in the presence of God. This photo was taken a few years ago...

Photobucket

This is one of my favorites... Ellie and Loretta in a moment of pure joy...

Photobucket

And this is the little devilish side coming out:

Photobucket

Here is another favorite photo. It was taken with a phone, so the quality is a little poor, but I love it because she was looking at her Uncle Nick. This was her special "Uncle Nick look".

Photobucket

In keeping with the crazy-Ellie theme I've been on for a week or so, this one just makes me smile!

Photobucket

And, finally, one of the most special memories, Ellie with her Uncle Chad. She made this welcome sign for him, and when Chad arrived, she hugged him like she would never let him go.

Photobucket

Here's a few photos from the past several months...

Photobucket

Photobucket

I will leave you with this last photo. It was taken just a couple of nights ago at Ethan's school Christmas program. These are two of Ellie's very best friends. Aubrey Myers, in the middle, is one year younger than Ellie would have been. On the right is Alex Corley who was 4 months younger than Ellie. These two girls were always by Ellie's side. I had to show how tall they are, so I took off my high heels to get this photo. I figure that Ellie would not have been that tall. Both of these girls come from tall parents, but I love seeing these girls and imagining how Ellie would look at 11. And I just love them. Every time they see me, they hug me, and this mama's heart is soothed and comforted. Aubrey gave us some flowers today with a letter about how much she misses Ellie and loved her and I am reminded that we are not the only ones who have tears on our faces today.

Aubrey and Alex, I love you so much and am very proud of the beautiful, sweet young ladies you are becoming! Ellie loved you with all of her heart and she would be proud too...

Photobucket

14 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger Celena Daniels said...

Sarah, these are such great photos! I remember the "Uncle Nick" look photo and how she loved him. It was so neat to watch the two of them be together. I also remember her welcoming us to Montana with decorations for our anniversary trip. I still have the rock that she decorated with her name on it and look at it every day in my office at work. What a warrior child that we will forever miss and continue to celebrate her life and shed the tears as well. Nick and I love you both so much and wish we could be there to hug you at this time. Shedding tears, celebrating, and clinging to His peace during this time!

Celena

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Tricia said...

....and I thought I wouldn't cry today...sheesh.

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of Ellie today and praying for your family.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Bree at Clarity Defined said...

My prayers are with you and your family. Thanks for posting Sarah, I've been thinking of you all.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sarah,

Thinking of you and your sweet family today. Praying God's peace over you and that His joy will also find you. May you be surrounded with love always.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Thanks for posting the photos Sarah. I do love to start the day with a big cry...... I have an angel Christmas ornament that I bought two years ago that reminds me to pray for you at this time of year as well as two dancing daughters who remind me of Ellie all year round.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger LindaSue said...

Love seeing the updated photo of you, John and Ethan - the older pictures of Ellie - so feisty and playful. Great picture of her two friends with you - she'd be so proud of you - Bless you this weekend Sarah - it is hard - but good to know Ellie was there in the welcoming group for her great grandmother.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Another Blog said...

Hi John and Sarah and Ethan,

I'm glad to hear about Great-Grandma going home. Thank the Lord, we'll be there soon enough.

By the way, yours is one of the most camera friendly of families.

Best,
Michael

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger britta said...

The last picture of Ellie's two friends made me cry...

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Sarah,
I think of Ellie always -- she illuminated the world. Wishing you, John and Ethan a happy and healthy new year.
Dave from the airplane

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Allison said...

Sarah- Have been praying for you guys alot as the Christmas season is approaching us. Thank you so much for always thinking of us out here in computer world. You have become apart of our life and am so glad to hear how you guys are doing when you update. Will be praying that God will give you comfort at this time of year. Allison

 
At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,

The Lord put you on my heart at this moment so I stopped and prayed for you, John and Ethan. I know your Christmas must have been bittersweet. The Lord has great plans for your family in 2010. Happy New Year's Eve dear sister in Christ.

Love,
Gena Haviland

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger LindaSue said...

Happy New Year Skees family - I've thought about you all through the Christmas season. Sarah - I finally finished that little bathroom we consulted on! Still working on master suite remodel - takes DH a lot longer now to get things done - but it'll be spectacular! Thanks for your suggestions and help. God bless you this year and keep those sweet memories close.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Another Blog said...

January 3, 2010

Happy New Year.

Agapé,
Michael

 

Post a Comment

<< Home