We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Thanking God for You...

There is no new update for tonight...another good day for Ellie...quiet and peaceful. I found myself reflecting tonight on all of you who are reading this blog and standing with us and hurting with us. On days like today when God's peace surrounds me like a warm blanket, I picture you out there reading about Ellie with tears filling your eyes and I feel as if God is collecting all of those tears and prayers in beautiful jars for me. There are so many days that I am unable to cry and I feel as if your tears are flowing out of my own heart. (This may make much more sense to my heart than it does in words.) I just cannot express how grateful I feel for all of your love. My family (by birth and by marriage) all over the country - I wish that I could reach out and hug each one of you; my chapel family - I miss you constantly; my friends and aquaintances that I have not seen in years - I have never forgotten you; my local friends and family - I am not able to spend the time with you that I once could,but I love you just the same; and those of you that I barely know or have never even met - your faithfulness amazes and touches me deeply. The very same Twila Paris CD that continually encourages our hearts has a song that was written for you all:

Every day I hear it, evil is abroad
Making even children enemies of God
Yet somehow I always find above the crowd
Other voices pleading, crying truth aloud
And I don't know your name
But I can see your face

In the dire struggle you have held your ground
Wisdom and the passion form a mighty sound
Thunder in the distance, you are not alone
Winds of courage rushing from the rightous throne
And I don't know your name
But I can see your face

You're bringing hope inside my heart
And motion to my feet
I know my friend that someday we will meet
And I don't know your name
But I can see your face

I see you standing in the fire
Standing on the Word, remembering the call
I see you standing, standing
I see you standing tall

("I See You Standing" words and music by Twila Paris)

7 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Beth Anne!
I do remember you. I'm so glad you've been enjoying the updates (well, "enjoy" might be the wrong term...). I am just so touched by all of the people who have been showing care and support, that all I have to give in return is my heart.
Thank you so much for going through this with us.
- Sarah

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please know that we are praying for Ellie here in Alabama......and for her family. May God grant you special grace as you minister to that precious baby girl of yours and give comfort to your mother's heart. May the Lord bless you and keep you. May He make His face to shine upon you and grant you peace.

 
At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, I just remembered a verse that I thought you would appreciate. It's Psalm 56:8, "You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in Your book."

Our family prays for you constantly. Your blogs help us know how to pray. Thanks so much for sharing Ellie with us.

Love, Tracey Nichols (Kim's sister-in-law in Tennessee)

 
At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tracey,
Nice to hear from you. I'm so glad you're keeping updated. Thanks for your prayers.
- Sarah

Also - thanks to whoever posted from Alabama - we appreciate your prayers and concern!

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello sarah, this is chelsea (sloan) mulroney. i just want to let you know that i have been thinking about, and praying for, ellie and your whole family. i am so sad for you that you are going through this, and i am praying that god continues to comfort you and give you strength. my husband and i have two little boys, four and two, and i know that every single day with them is such a gift from god. each night, as i pray with my sons, i thank god for them, and i ask him to allow my husband and me to continue raising them 'til they're grown. i am praying for this for ellie as well. and you're right, there are people all over this country praying for you and crying with you... and for each person you know about, there are many more.

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello sarah, this is chelsea (sloan) mulroney. i just want to let you know that i have been thinking about, and praying for, ellie and your whole family. i am so sad for you that you are going through this, and i am praying that god continues to comfort you and give you strength. my husband and i have two little boys, four and two, and i know that every single day with them is such a gift from god. each night, as i pray with my sons, i thank god for them, and i ask him to allow my husband and me to continue raising them 'til they're grown. i am praying for this for ellie as well. and you're right, there are people all over this country praying for you and crying with you... and for each person you know about, there are many more.

 
At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chelsea! It's great to hear from you again. Thanks for reading and praying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home