We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Quick Update...

Thanks for praying for Ellie's bone marrows yesterday! It went well, and though Ellie had some pain when she first woke up, she hasn't complained of any since. She has been her same perky little self. We took her to Cracker Barrel as a special treat for all of the hard work she's done eating this week. She hasn't reached 50 pounds yet, but there was nothing she could have done any better to reach the goal...which tells us that we were reaching a little too far to make it to 50. She is close, and may get there yet.

As of today the results of the bone marrows are not in. We should know by tomorrow. Her blood work came back on the low side of normal, so rather than start chemo in the next two days, Ellie's doctor would like to re-check her blood on Friday. We are pleased about that, as we would have been a little nervous to see her go back for more chemo with the counts where they are. So...she has a few more days to EAT!!

I just wanted you to know what the latest is - I'll let you know when we get the bone marrow results in. Thanks to all for your love and prayers!

5 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger sunset years said...

Sarah dear,
Following Ellie's discussions and tears re dying, maybe the book "Heaven For Kids", by Randy Alcorn would help her. May I order a copy to be sent to her?
If this meets with your approval, please, send your address to me:
normasb@bellsouth.net
Norma Braun

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger sunset years said...

Maybe Randy Alcorn's book "Heaven for Kids", would be a help to Ellie, as she gives much thought to dying. May I order a copy for her if she hasn't already got it? If so, I will need an address for mailing.
Norma Braun
normasb@bellsouth.net

 
At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,

I just wanted to let you know that our family continues to pray for Ellie and your family. Thank you so much for being open and honest in your sharing. While I usually always end up crying, I come away in awe of God's faithfulness to you. It amazes me what the Holy Spirit has brought to your mind (songs/scripture) in the darkest hours that have carried you through. That, in itself, is a powerful testimony and encouragment to everyone.

Tell Ellie she looks great without any hair...how many times have I wished I could get away with that so I didn't have to mess with the drying, styling, etc.!

Beth Anne Liebert

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Robyn said...

Hi, you don't know me at all (I followed a link trail to here) but I've just read through Ellie's story and am so moved. I have two precious daughters myself and I can only imagine what your family has been going through. I have prayed for you today, and I'll keep you all in my prayers. Blessings.

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home