We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

At long last...

I finally have pictures for you of John's hikes! Enjoy.

The crew who hiked on Ellie's birthday. I will try to explain the family relationships. John's dad is the oldest of 9 children. Five of those nine were on this hike! From left to right: (John's aunt Reni is not pictured as she was taking the photo) Michael (John's uncle), Kathy (Michael's wife), Derek (John's uncle Dick's son), John, Ethan in front, Neal (Belinda's son), Celena (Nick's wife), Belinda (John's aunt), Nick (Reni's son), Loretta (John's aunt), Pat (John's mom), Stan (John's dad).

Photobucket

Some pictures are worth a thousand words:

Photobucket

The crew who made it to the top!
From left to right - Stan, Michael, Nick, Celena, Belinda, Neal, John

Photobucket

John and his dad placing Ellie's ashes in a hole:
(Beautiful shot by Belinda of the sun shining into the hole.)

Photobucket

They placed these rocks over the hole.

Photobucket

On another day John, Neal, Celena, and Nick went for a scouting expedition of Great Northern Mountain.

Photobucket

John, Nick and Celena returned to conquer Great Northern. After a brutal climb, they came to this ridge line of peaks. Nick and Celena stayed on a lower peak, and John continued to walk the ridge to get to the highest spot.

Photobucket

Here's my baby on the top of the world!

Photobucket

From this spot, you can see Glacier National Park - see those mountains in the background? Now look at the bumpy snow in the foreground. Just above it, on the right side of the picture, there's a patch of very smooth snow. That's a named glacier! It is "Stanton Glacier".

Photobucket

Once again, John brought some of Ellie's ashes along. This is the spot he chose...

Photobucket

A closeup of the message John left:

Photobucket

And here's my other baby on top of the world:

Photobucket

I will probably be away from the blog for a full week. Tomorrow I'm flying to Minnesota. My step sister-in-law, Trisha, is having a baby shower. (I'm going to have another nephew!!) I am so excited to go on this trip. I will be able to spend a week with Mom and Gary and have the chance to get to know some of Gary's family better. I met Gary's son, Dave and his wife, Trisha at Mom and Gary's wedding a couple of years ago, but I've not seen them since. Gary's daughter, Jenn, will also be in Minnesota for the shower. I can't wait to see her! I've missed Jenn terribly since moving to Montana.

So... I will be back in a week - with pictures! :-)

5 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger LindaSue said...

Wow John looks so much like his father! Beautiful pictures - what a blessing a large loving family is for all of you! Will miss you but have a wonderful time - babies - ahhh just being around one makes a person all squishy in the heart (and head - at least I'm amazed to hear the gibberish I say to a baby! ) TaTaForNow!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger zanesmommy said...

I love what you are doing with Ellie's ashes. How wonderful and beautiful.

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,

Enjoy your week! Thank you for the amazing photos.....How beautiful is the one of the sun shining down for Ellie!!!! Thank you for continuing to share your heart and journey with us :)

Love,
The Haviland's

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Tonya said...

Wow.. your family is so supportive! Our family hardly talks of Brent at all. (Outside our home, I mean) I do wish they were more "proactive" in celebrating his life!

What a blessing!

Have fun in your travels.. =-)
Love,
Tonya

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thinking of you guys.
Much Love,
Dave I.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home