We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Home

I finally have pictures of my house for you!

Our Home

The original color was a beige, which was fine, but I was aiming to find colors that would blend the house in with the surrounding nature. I think that goal was accomplished. (The camper on the left side of the house belongs to John's parents. They drove it here, and that is where they stayed during their visit.)

Cottage in the Woods

A closer view of the mudroom and front door. The sign says "Bugaboo Cottage". John made up a little song when Ellie was a toddler, called "My Baby Bugaboo" and he would sing it to her when she would ride on his shoulders to go get the mail. The stone at the base of the flower pot is the other half of the "Ellie" stone at the base of Ellie's memorial rock.

Mud Room

This is my little flower garden! See, it's alive. :-) (Or rather, was alive, before the frost got it...)

The Landscaping

These are my birthday chairs with their fresh coat of blue stain! They are sitting next to the house, close to where the camper is in the above picture.

The Birthday Chairs

This is one of my beautiful window boxes that Stan and John made. I just love them. (The boxes as well as John and Stan.)

Window Box

I had to show you a close up of the crackle finish on my window boxes!

Closeup of the window box

6 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Mrs said...

How lovely! I could sit out there for hours. I'm sure it's beautiful right now with fall arriving!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Shilo said...

Everything is just so beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Tricia said...

Its beautiful!

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,

Your gifts are amazing... This is straight out of Better Homes and Gardens. Did you stain the window boxes yourself? If so, please let me know what paint you used... Beautiful is all I can say!!! Just like your family. Thanks for sharing :)

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger LindaSue said...

Just love it - perfect colors - we are renovating our master bedroom suite and wish I could borrow you and your wonderful "flair" for a consult! The window boxes are perfect - and will be fun to decorate for Christmas!

 
At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh sarah! the house is AWESOME! it looks fresh and wonderful. BIG improvement. can't wait to see it in person!

love lauren

 

Post a Comment

<< Home