We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Thursday, November 06, 2008

The State of my House

I have been pondering something over the past few days or so. I've been just really struck with the realization that it's time for some housecleaning in my life. There are piles of bad habits and old destructive patterns (of thinking and behavior) littering the floors and sin lurking in dark corners... I guess I'm just tired of it all and ready to see where God wants to take me. On the way home from taking Ethan to school this morning, a song came on that I've heard countless times before. But today I heard it with fresh ears. Ready ears. Hopeful ears.

The song is "Whatever You're Doing (Something Heavenly)" by Sanctus Real.

Here are the lyrics, and below that I have the song on my playlist...

It's time for healing time to move on
It's time to fix what's been broken too long
Time make right what has been wrong
It's time to find my way to where I belong
There's a wave that's crashing over me
All I can do is surrender

[Chorus]
Whatever you're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos somehow there's peace
It's hard to surrender to what I can't see
but I'm giving in to something heavenly

Time for a milestone
Time to begin again
Revaluate who I really am
Am I doing everything to follow your will
or just climbing aimlessly over these hills
So show me what it is you want from me
I give everything I surrender...
To...

[Chorus]

Time to face up
Clean this old house
Time to breathe in and let everything out
That I've wanted to say for so many years
Time to to release all my held back tears

Whatever you're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos but I believe
You're up to something bigger than me
Larger than life something heavenly

Whatever you're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos but now I can see
This something bigger than me
Larger than life something heavenly
Something heavenly

It's time to face up
Clean this old house
Time breathe in and let everything out

8 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

Hello, Friend!

Sorry it's been so long since I've stopped by.. we've had computer problems recently and my only other excuse is being scatter-brained. LOL!!

I hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend

 
At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you sarah. these songs you post aren't only helping you these days! :)

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger sumi said...

Love that song, Sarah. I heard it for the first time shortly after Jenna left us. I was in the car too, and had to turn up the volume immediately.

HUGS...

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Becky K. said...

Music is so powerful. I love that you are sharing the songs that God is using in your life. I don't comment often but I read every post.

Becky K.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Dylan Hartung said...

Just wanted to tell you that Ellie was on my mind all day today, I really miss her. I dunno why, but she really impacted my heart and soul in the short time that I knew her.

Melissa

www.dylanhartung.net

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that song, Sarah!!! Miss you guys... Aunt B

 
At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,
What a wonderful song, it's amazing how music impacts our lives and can change our attitude or how we perceive something.
Flylady may help with the chaos feelings and stinkin thinkin. :D
Love you, Angela

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Sophie said...

Love that song! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home