We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Every Day Together is a Good Day

Today was nice and calm. I was able to sort through all of the stuff we brought home from the hospital and repack most of it for the next round. The kids had a good day hanging out around the house, and John worked all day. We ended up eating Thanksgiving dinner tonight since we had so much fun yesterday that none of us felt like putting on a feast at the end of the day. It all worked out perfectly! I found myself thankful to have just one more day with those I love.

This week is kind of up-in-the-air. I have no idea what to expect from one day to the next. We are supposed to take Ellie in to the clinic to get her blood levels checked, but we don't know which day. We are supposed to go up to Jacksonville to meet with a doctor, but we don't know which day that is either. (This appointment is just a meeting, but it's regarding Ellie's stem cell harvest - to transplant back into her at the end of chemo. Once the bone marrow biopsies show no signs of disease, we will be sent to Jacksonville to have a different cathader put into Ellie's chest from which her stem cells will be harvested. Ellie's doctors hope that this next biopsy will give us good news because the farther we get from the beginning of chemo, the more difficult it is to get enough stem cells to transplant.) Of course this week is Thanksgiving... Basically we have no idea how this week will go or when we will be back in the hospital for chemo round three.

The only thing I know for sure is that I have a hair appointment tommorow...and I'm keeping it! We all know that no matter what life throws at us, a girl's gotta have good hair. Seriously, all of you women out there know what I'm talking about - it's impossible to be thoroughly discouraged when you have great hair. And all of you men who are staring blankly at your computer screen, wondering what on earth I'm rambling on about and wishing I would just get to the facts - take note: your wife's hair is to her like an outfit that she has to wear each and every day...the SAME outfit...EVERY day...see where I'm going with this? Like I said before - a girl's gotta have good hair. O.k., climbing off my soap box...big deep breath...I'm good now.

I will let you know if anything new or interesting happens tomorrow. Well, I will be blonder and much more gorgeous tomorrow, so I doubt I'll really care if there is anything new to report.

As always, thanking God each time I think of you all.
Love, Sarah

3 Comments:

At 6:07 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

I'm so enjoying reading your personal updates, Sarah. I'm glad ya'll had such a great weekend!

 
At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are hilarious! One minute I am crying..the next I am laughing hysterically! I wanted to immediately get off the computer and go call my salon! Amen..I NEED to show this entry to my husband!
Writing a book is DEFINITELY in your future...you really have a gift! Thanks for sharing...we are praying and thinking of you daily! Leslie

 
At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Leslie,
I'm so glad you are enjoying the updates! It helps me get out what I'm feeling, and the funny things make me feel better so I like to write about those things too. Some people may feel like they're drowning in useless information, but I know that there are people like you out there who will enjoy it :-)
Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home