We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Fun Family Time

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to send out a quick note that we've been having a wonderful time away from the hospital! It has been great just to be with family. Ellie is eating and drinking very well considering that she was just unhooked from her fluids and has come off of two days with very little food. I was a little concerned about that since it is very hard to push both enough food and drink at the same time. So far so good. Aunt Ginger is making each meal an event - so far we've had a pizza luau for supper (umbrella straws and all); popcorn movie night; and are just about to embark upon cartoon breakfast (compltete with new cartoon themed dishes and silverware for the kids). And that's just what's happened so far!

It has been good to spend time with Ethan as well, but he's having a bit of a hard time figuring out which end is up. Mommy and Daddy are back, but we're not home so that is different. He's trying to find the right groove, but it's more of and adjustment for him than anyone.

I've got to get to breakfast - Papi's special pancakes are almost ready. I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend! Love, Sarah

4 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear all- so good to read your updates, it encourages me!! We DO pray. My friend who is a missionary in Senegal -Reidun- is home in Norway right now with cancer- she is reading your blogs too and weeping (those are tears of sweet Jesus joy/identification) - you encourage her too!!
Mandy Caley

 
At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you are having such a great time! I sent you an email at your hotmail account. Hope to see you next weekend!

 
At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've asked before, but don't recall the answer...How old is Ethan? I am praying so much for his little tender heart as well! May you have a sweet time with family this weekend and know we're praying daily!!! Leslie

 
At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mandy - you know, I have seen that someone from Norway gets on the blog - it's so nice to know who it is! I can see locations of people, but not names, and sometimes it drives me crazy because I just want to know who they are. :-) Thanks for letting me know.

Heather - can't wait to see you.

Leslie - Ethan will be four in a couple of weeks (Dec.6). I appreciate the prayer for him SO much! He really needs it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home