We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Thanks!

Thank you all for the really nice comments about our house! It was fun to share with you, and I'm so glad that you enjoyed it.

I am definitely not an interior designer, but have gathered experience over the years by helping friends and family with their homes, not to mention experimenting in my own home(s). My friend Tricia has challenged me to learn more and broaden my horizons, as well as given me her own, very talented and artistic perspective. We have often been delighted in collaborating our unique visions into one finished product that exceeds our own separate ideas.

I've always loved art as well, but found the best fit for me when I found myself in need of artwork for some of my decorating projects. That is usually my best inspiration for art. When it's not a space that inspires me, it's a person (or combination of both). I love to create a piece of art for a specific person. Just thinking about them and praying for them ends up inspiring the whole piece. Since being in Montana, I have also found great inspiration in nature, but I still seem to need the human element to complete the vision. I believe that art (like home decor) is very much about people. I love trying to see life and beauty through another's eyes! The two pieces of art in my home were ones that were solely inspired by the need to be creative. With no other parameters to go on, I ended up creating something that I loved for my own home (which is not something that I can say about every other piece I've created). So that's my art/home decor history in a nutshell. I hope it helps to answer any questions that you may have...

As always, thank you all for your love and support. Thank you for sticking with us through the pain and sadness and for delighting with us in our joy... and for being there when the tears come back again. So many ups and downs. Thank you for staying on the roller coaster ride!

5 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are most welcome THANK YOU! I just love reading your blog. I can't tell you how much you taught me. I feel like a better mom learning so much from you.

I'd literally love to donate to you for all that you've shared, but I am unable to. I came across this and thought you could make some side money with this: http://www.blogher.com/ I know you've never asked for money, but I know it helps. So this resource is all i can offer to you at this time.

*HUGS* Blessings to you and your family and thanks again for sharing, YOU!!!

Jackie and family

 
At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry for mentioning 'blogher' in my prvious comment. I just signed up and couldn't find the income portion i thought i was informed about. I didn't look into this before telling. It's still an awesome community from what I see.

As we have found, blogging is so social and therapeutic!
*HUGS*
Jackie

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger Tricia said...

Ah, thanks Sarah. I was just thinking of our decorating duo shared brain the other day. I really miss our projects together....and I SO wish we had painted my kitchen! The merlot color is starting to drive me crazy, I NEED CHANGE! (you understand)
Love, Tricia

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Another Blog said...

Wait a minute, now.

This I can take. But nobody said anything about roller coasters.

Agapé

 
At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah,

Just like Jackie said, it is you we need to thank. I as well have learned so much from you.... Thank you for sharing your heart,art and your amazing faith in our Creator!! You indeed are a special person Sarah and the Lord has given you a gift. One which has impacted so many lives!

We love you and continue to pray :)

The Haviland's

 

Post a Comment

<< Home