We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Monday, November 24, 2008

House photos

Thank you for your patience. I now have photos for you! :-)

Our new living room:

Photobucket

John's desk is behind that divider on the right side of the picture.

Photobucket

John's little area:

Photobucket

My new vanity area, because a girl's gotta have a place to make the magic happen... (you remember, our only sink is in the kitchen and it only has a small round pull out mirror behind the curtain)

Photobucket

Photobucket

I decided to put all of my unfinished (and some un-started) pictures on the wall because it was a huge wall, and storage space is lacking. I figure that this might give me some incentive to keep working on projects.

Photobucket

The TV will be across from the sofa, next to the front door, but the entertainment center is not put together yet - so no picture.

Ethan's bedroom:

His bed is sitting where my desk used to be, and the dresser is where our TV used to be.

Photobucket

This is where my collage used to hang. The blank canvas will have a large picture of Ethan and Ellie on it. I've already ordered the photo, but it hasn't arrived yet.

Photobucket

This is Ethan's little art/homework station. He loves it. My dad made that rocking chair when I was born, and I rocked Ellie in it when we brought her home from the hospital. I am so happy to have it in Ethan's room.

Photobucket

We decided to keep the dining table in Ethan's room because he can spare the room.

Photobucket

This was the best overall picture of the room I could get. Ethan has his little chairs and tables in the middle of the room, but when not in use, they sit under the window.

Photobucket

9 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger LindaSue said...

Love it that you put up lots of your artwork - the colors certainly liven your space. Ethan's room as dining room - makes sense in view of your space available. Looking forward to the big picture of Ellie and Ethan. As always - interesting and functional - very much two thumbs up!!

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Amy said...

It looks gorgeous. Ethan must love all the space he has now. What a great idea to put all your artwork up, even when it isn't finished.

 
At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,

You are simply amazing.... I have another painting question for you. Do you use stencils for your words or is that free hand? Beautiful things you create sister!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to your family.

The Haviland's

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Havilands:
The words are vinyl lettering. I ordered them through a local girl who started her own business, but there are lots of places out there now who can sell all kinds of fonts and colors and sizes.

I did do some lettering at our church in Florida that was hand painted. It was extremely time/labor intensive. I wrote it out and then projected it onto the wall with an overhead projector. So it can be done, but the cost of ordering the vinyl is low enough to make that the better option in my book!

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Your home is perfect and lovely...
After looking at these pics, I feel like diving into a remodeling project!!! I wish you could look at my great room in the basement and just tell me what to do! :)
We are thinking and praying for you especially now during the holidays. We can't imagine even a day in your shoes, but we pray for grace, peace and strength for your family. Les

 
At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah~beautiful masterpiece! We can't wait to see you guys tomorrow night!
Jen

 
At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the mirror yet another color?!

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you a peaceful night~Jen

 
At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay. totally love it! and i love the art wall. you have a beautiful eye for things... i love them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home