We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Quick Update

Hello again. I just wanted to let you know that John still has a job! We are so thankful.

I survived my final two Bible Studies. I was not as emotional as the first time, but still cried quite a bit. By the end, my nose was beet red and raw and I was exhausted for a whole day and a half. But I would have to say that it was worth it. I think perhaps it was good for me to have some good hard cries. But more importantly, it sounds like some people were encouraged by hearing of the things God has taught me in my life, through the struggles I've had.

I don't have much else to add. I mainly wanted to check in and let you know that we are alive and well. John is looking forward to having four days off, and Ethan and I are looking forward to spending some good time with him. We've been going in separate directions for over three weeks now. Once we settle in and have some down time, I have a new project. I am planning to rearrange the whole house. Yes, I know that I am crazy. We have clearly established that already. But having lived in this house for a while, we have discovered that we could make it work a little better for us if we swap some rooms around. The only rooms that will get by unscathed will be the kitchen and bathroom. This is the short version: We will put our bed in what is now Ethan's room. We will make what is now our bedroom into the living room/dining room/office. Ethan will get to have what is now our living room/dining room for his bedroom. And what is now John's little office, will become a storage closet. So there you have it. Total chaos and upheaval. And eventual beauty and harmony. I am so excited!

8 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the couch.......hee hee hee!
Miss you and hope to be able to connect with you soon. Things have been incredibly hectic. Dad has been in the hospital with difficulty breathing and it seems the safest option is going to be a trach. Obviously we are trying to avoid that. He's all in Gods hands! I'll update you as soon as I can.
Much Love~Jen

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Tricia said...

Yes, but have you figured out yet where I'm going to sleep ?

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am right there with you and the reaaranging furniture. I love those little orange sliders you put under the furniture makes life so easy. I usually wait until Henry is sleeping to do it. I enjoy shock and awe when he goes out in the living room and finds things different.

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my! sounds exciting sarah! can't wait to see the pictures (sorry...i know it's early to thinking about the end... ^_^)

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger LindaSue said...

Wonderful news about John's job situation and the good news about 4 days off! About moving the rooms around - wow - everything looked so perfect before - looking forward to how the room switch turns out.

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Lauren, I'm looking forward to the pictures! :D I'm sure it will be fab! Enjoy the re-arranging!
Glad to hear that you all have some down time together. That's important.
love ya!
PS. John's too hard of a worker to be on "the" list. ;)

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw your Mom & Gary on Friday night. It was good to see her again. First time to meet Gary. They said they had a good time in MN w/you. Had not see Mom for about 10 yrs.

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger britta said...

I read you blog way back over a year ago when Ellie was still here on Earth, but I don't think I ever signed the guest book. Then I came across your blog in my long list of bookmarks, and I am glad to see that you are still writing! I hope to keep up on reading. God bless you, john, ethan, and your angel ellie! :-)

britta from minnesota

 

Post a Comment

<< Home