We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Memorable Thanksgiving

Thank you for all of the kind comments regarding my last post. We ended up having a very nice Thanksgiving. I think that the buildup to it was worse than the actual day. We had a very low key kind of day. We talked to family on the phone and later went down to the other house to eat dinner with all of the family who are in the area. All in all it was a lovely day.

And, as promised, we did make new memories. Here is the proof!

Last week we went out to a hunting camp where John's uncles, Dick and Richard, had been hunting. John and Ethan climbed up into Rich's tree stand.

Photobucket

John and Ethan also burned a small pile of yard debris together. It was such a nice week to be together. John had an extra day off of work and Ethan had two days off of school.

Photobucket

One of the things I'm the most thankful for this year!

Photobucket

Ethan took a Thanksgiving craft up to Ellie's stone on Thanksgiving Day. (Do you recognize this, Oma? He really enjoyed making those turkeys. Thank you so much.)

Photobucket

When we visited Ellie's stone on the way to Mike and Reni's for Thanksgiving dinner, Ethan wanted to bring two stuffed animals. The gray and white one is his, and the brown and white dog was Ellie's. I thought it was so sweet how he made sure to include Ellie in every way he knew how. It was my idea to leave something on Ellie's stone, but Ethan took it from there. He choreographed a whole photo shoot. All three of us had to have our pictures taken at the stone, individually and in pairs, and finally all three of us. This is only a portion of the pictures that Ethan made us take! :-)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger Sheila said...

Awww, how beautiful and sweet!!! :)

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics, Sarah John and Ethan. That is a great memorial stone for Ellie and how nice it is that it is so close to the house. That is a great idea. My friend did something similar with a rose bush and an apple tree when her son died. It is right out her kitchen window and it is pretty special. When most other vegetation succumbs to cold or disease (good old Montana winters), those two plants just keep growing and growing. Talk soon, Sheri

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Aimee said...

Hi Sarah,

We've never met, but I am a student at New Tribes Mission's Missionary Training Center in Missouri. I don't remember your connection to us, but we were praying for you and your family year during Ellie's final weeks. Today we were praying for families who've lost loved ones or are separated from them as it's especially hard this time of year. I thought of you guys since I thought it was close to the anniversary of Ellie's passing away... I decided to look at your blog as I have several times in the past. I prayed for you guys again today as you face an especially difficult time of year for your family. I also wanted to say what an encouragement it is to read your blog. Your honesty is awesome, and I LOVED what you said about being thankful - no matter how it feels. You're an encouragement to me and so many others you probably aren't even aware of. Thank you so much!

Aimee Hedrick
aimeehedrick@gmail.com

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Skees family. This is Shana, I worked with John ant semitool, and I just wanted to see how you all are doing? if you get a chance, please e-mail me back and let me know how life is going! shanadheil@yahoo.com thats my address. I hope your family is doing well!
-Shana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home