We will always remember Ellie for her love for others, her creativity, sensitivity, and delight in life! Ellie's light has spread far and wide... may it continue to shine in our hearts.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Sheepish Apology...

Hi...

I am so sorry I've not posted in so very long. A number of days ago I realized how long it's been and then I've had the busiest week that I've had since being here. Every night I think that I'm going to get on and post and then I fall into bed exhausted. I'm so sorry, and I've not meant for anyone to worry.

Ellie is doing well. Some days she has even hit the 50 pound mark, but she's a consistent 49. She's also grown an inch since our last check. Her counts are going up and her energy and coloring are good. I finally have some pictures to share, so I'll get on tomorrow and post those. Her hair is almost an inch long all over now!

John and Ethan are still in Florida. We miss them so much. Ethan got on the phone with me the other day and said "I want you, Mommy. I think I'm going to cry for five nights." I love how he's planning in time to be sad. The boy thinks ahead. He's doing well and enjoying the fact that he's with his daddy every day. But he gets very sad every time John leaves him for work or any other reason. It's been a long year for the little guy. We can't wait to be all together again.

I will post more tomorrow, but I just couldn't go to bed one more night without assuring you all that we are still alive and well. I really will try to do better. I think that for a while it was nice to pretend that all was "normal" again and sort of forget that the past year even happened. I didn't even seem to have it in me to get on the computer at all, even to check email. The days have sort of blurred together. Anyway... I so appreciate that you all still care and are praying and I will get you pictures and more descriptions of our life and routine with Ellie's treatment and such.

Thank you so much for your patience with me during this time. I can never forget how you got us through such hard times, and I will not stop keeping you up on what happens next... even if I have a few long delays. Good night for now - I'll check back in tomorrow!

7 Comments:

At 5:04 AM, Blogger LindaSue said...

Thank you SO much for posting - our prayers have continued for Ellie and your family. We trust when there is no word - that means your days are filled with life - not hospitals. Bless you all (or in reality - bless y'all). Hey Ethan is a planner indeed - even some of us who tend to be a tad emotional don't always know how many days we'll cry! LOL

 
At 6:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! I was worried something was wrong because I check your site daily so that I will remember to pray. I am so glad to hear Ellie is doing well and that soon all of you will be together again. That will also aid the healing process I am sure. Thank you for updating and our prayers are with you all. Edith (Mema in SC)

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Sheila said...

Looking forward to the photos and reports! I'm still praying for you guys all the time.

God bless you,
Sheila

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so happy to hear that her counts are coming up. We too continue to pray daily - my little Gracie prays for Ellie, "Mady's cousin" every night - and are trusting God to keep her in his ever faithful care. Thanks for sharing your heart and soul with us all and for letting us be part of your Christian family. Hang in there!!!

 
At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Sarah, you soooooooo deserve your break from this insanity. I can't tell you how often I think of little Ethan and how difficult this has been for him and all of you. The news about Ellie's progress is wonderful and I'm grateful to you for keeping us posted. I hold you in my heart every day a vision of a whole and healthy family. Much love to you all,
The Garcias in Paradise

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Penny-Sue said...

We are relieved to hear that all is well! We have been praying and trusting that the Lord was showing you His Goodness.
We are praying often and checking on you often!
I can't help but think of this little chorus as I write... so must be I should share. =-)

I just keep trusting my Lord,
as I walk along.
I just keep trusting my Lord,
and He gives a song.
Though the storm clouds darken the sky, or the Heavenly trail,
I just keep trusting my Lord,
He will never fail!

We are praying for you and for your men in Florida! May the Lord bring you all back together again SOON!!!

Penny-Sue

 
At 6:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellie looks great! The pictures are beautiful! What scenery! Glad to hear things are going well. It will be great when you are all together again. We think about Ellie and all of you constanly.
Rob and Zach

 

Post a Comment

<< Home